Thursday, February 17, 2011

Teaching Idea

I feel teaching should be done in a creative way. Studying can never be boring if it is taught in a playful manner. One must understand that while introducing a new concept to children, some could have a hard time grasping it. These new concepts can be simplified by relating them with things that we do in our everyday life. Through role play a child can identify with the concept by being part of the making of that concept.

Here I will like to share a teaching idea that I obtain for the net. I had tried it out with my pupils and I found it interesting and meaningful to my pupils. They enjoyed the lesson and are able to understand well.

I introduced the concept of conjunctions to my pupils through an interesting activity that I had learned. I informed my pupils that conjunctions are words which join two sentences together. I divided my class into groups of three. One pupil had to make a sentence, the next pupil had to add on an entirely new sentence and the last pupil had to use a conjunction to combine the two sentences. The pupil who represents a conjunction has to join hands with the pupils representing the sentences by standing between them. While the other two stand on either side of him in a single chain.

Through this activity pupils had fun learning in a very enjoyable way. Try this idea with your pupils and look at their feedback. You will find that teaching is easy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment